The path to explore is that of innovation and the development of new ways to optimize the use of materials such as carbon. Thanks to the experience of Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso, both in the laboratory and on the road, and the feedback from the Eolo-Kometa Cycling Team riders, we have developed a frame with similar performance to the Magma without losing its original essence.
Introducing Magma Essentia.
AURUM has transferred the incredible experience generated by the Magma model to the new Essentia, after two years of road testing with the Eolo-Kometa Cycling Team, Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso. The result is a bike with technical characteristics and performance standards similar to Magma. The essence of Magma.
Special attention was paid to keep the Magma’s soul consistent throughout the size range, and let every rider, regardless of his/her height, experience the same handling. Alberto and Ivan dreamt for years to design a bike’s frame geometry based on their experience, and it was paramount that all the frame sizes would handle that way. To achieve that, the Trail figure (the combination of the head tube angle and fork offset) was the starting point. Through experience and ride testing (with different test forks and wheel sizes) the AURUM team set an ideal Trail dimension, for the best balance of quick steering but also stability at high speed. Often small frame sizes get a compromised handling, with a long Trail that makes turning slow and unlively. AURUM Magma uses two different fork offsets depending on the frame size, which combined with the proper head tube angle results in a Trail that is always lively and fun as intended, also for the smaller frame sizes.
Stack and reach will put you in a race position for out-and-out performance, yet allow comfort for a long ride. Short, oversized chainstays contribute to a climber’s configuration, while a low bottom bracket height helps achieve an assured center of gravity coupled with a generous wheelbase that delivers a reassuring stability, however fast your descent.
Creating the fastest high-performance road bikes on the market is a balancing act between different riding characteristics:
AURUM Magma Frameset Specifications
- AURUM Essentia ECT frameset (Experience Carbon Technology)
- CFD optimized aero fork and front triangle
- FEA optimized frame tube dimensions and shape for every size
- Internal cable routing, standard 28.6mm fork steerer tube
- Tapered 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” headset
- Electronic and mechanical drivetrain compatible
- 6 frame sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61
- UCI approved, ISO-4210 safety standard approved
- BB386Evo bottom bracket
- 27.2mm round seat post with custom hidden wedge
- 12mm stealth ultralight thru-axles
- Flat mount disc brake only
- SIZE 48 – Recommended for riders from 152 to 163cm tall (5’0” to 5’4”)
- SIZE 51 – Recommended for riders from 161 to 170cm tall (5’3” to 5’7”)
- SIZE 54 – Recommended for riders from 170 to 177cm tall (5’7” to 5’10”)
- SIZE 56 – Recommended for riders from 175 to 181cm tall (5’9” to 6’)
- SIZE 58 – Recommended for riders from 180 to 188cm tall (5’11” to 6’2”)
- SIZE 61 – Recommended for riders from 186 to 195cm tall (6’1” to 6’5”)
|C. Seat Tube Angle||74||73||73||73||73||73|
|D. Top Tube||515||536||551||565||580||596|
|E. Head Tube Angle||71.8||71.6||73||73||73||73|
|F. Fork Offset||50||50||44||44||44||44|
|G. Fork Trail||60||60||59||59||59||59|
|H. Seat Tube Length||453||480||504||526||547||573|
|I. BB Drop||74||71||71||71||71||71|
|J. Front Center||570||584||580||594||608||624|
|K. Chainstay length||407||407||410||410||410||410|
|M. Stand over height||728||750||782||803||826||850|
AURUM Essentia frame and fork comes complete with the peace of mind afforded by a two-year warranty for both outdoor and indoor cycling – Which is extended to lifetime warranty when you register