Thanks to the experience of Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso and the feedback from the Eolo-Kometa Cycling Team, we have developed a frame with similar performance to the MAGMA without losing its original essence.
The new ESSENTIA offers an above market standard performance considering its price range. It is available in different builds as a complete bike with Shimano Ultegra Di2 or SRAM Force AXS
“ESSENTIA is made with a unidirectional carbon base applying high modulus carbon fibers in strategic areas, guaranteeing a solid and resistant structure”
ESSENTIA inherits the geometry and main qualities of the MAGMA to offer a high-performance bike.
frame geometry is key, the soul of the frame
Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso dreamt for years to design a bike’s frame geometry based on their experience, and it was paramount that all the frame sizes would handle that way. To achieve that, the Trail figure (the combination of the head tube angle and fork offset) was the starting point.
Through experience and ride testing (with different test forks and wheel sizes) the AURUM team set an ideal Trail dimension, for the best balance of quick steering but also stability at high speed. Often small frame sizes get a compromised handling, with a long Trail that makes turning slow and unlively. AURUM uses two different fork offsets depending on the frame size, which combined with the proper head tube angle results in a Trail that is always lively and fun as intended, also for the smaller frame sizes.
Stack and reach will put you in a race position for out-and-out performance, yet allow comfort for a long ride. Short, oversized chainstays contribute to a climber’s configuration, while a low bottom bracket height helps achieve an assured center of gravity coupled with a generous wheelbase that delivers a reassuring stability, however fast your descent.
Experience Carbon Technology: ECT
The experience of the carbon factory with which AURUM works, added to that of Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso, in their years of professional competition, and their meticulous attention to detail when perfecting the product together with the R&D team from AURUM, result in a carbon treatment process that we have defined as Experience Carbon Technology: ECT
ESSENTIA Geometry chart
|C. Seat Tube Angle||74||73||73||73||73||73|
|D. Top Tube||515||536||551||565||580||596|
|E. Head Tube Angle||71.8||71.6||73||73||73||73|
|F. Fork Offset||50||50||44||44||44||44|
|G. Fork Trail||60||60||59||59||59||59|
|H. Seat Tube Length||453||480||504||526||547||573|
|I. BB Drop||74||71||71||71||71||71|
|J. Front Center||570||584||580||594||608||624|
|K. Chainstay length||407||407||410||410||410||410|
|M. Stand over height||728||750||782||803||826||850|
Essentia Frameset Specifications
- ESSENTIA ECT-9 frameset (Experience Carbon Technology)
- CFD optimized aero fork and front triangle
- Internal cable routing, standard 28.6mm fork steerer tube
- Tapered 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” headset
- Electronic and mechanical drivetrain compatible
- 6 frame sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61
- UCI approved, ISO-4210 safety standard approved
- BB386Evo bottom bracket
- 27.2mm round seat post with custom hidden wedge
- 12mm stealth ultralight thru-axles
- Flat mount disc brake only
- SIZE 48 – Recommended for riders from 152 to 163cm tall (5’0” to 5’4”)
- SIZE 51 – Recommended for riders from 161 to 170cm tall (5’3” to 5’7”)
- SIZE 54 – Recommended for riders from 170 to 177cm tall (5’7” to 5’10”)
- SIZE 56 – Recommended for riders from 175 to 181cm tall (5’9” to 6’)
- SIZE 58 – Recommended for riders from 180 to 188cm tall (5’11” to 6’2”)
- SIZE 61 – Recommended for riders from 186 to 195cm tall (6’1” to 6’5”)
The Frame and Fork have a 2 year warranty that you can upgrade to a lifetime warranty if you register your frame serial number in our website